The healing process takes about 3-4 weeks, it is suggested to cover it with a band aid for the first few days. A lot depends on how you treat, care for it and follow the advice you receive from the piercer after preparation. The skin regenerates very quickly, but the body has to get used to the new foreign object. In general, we will discuss the treatment and give a few advices, but in each case we give detailed information when your microdermalod is done.
- The healing time is about 3-4 weeks.
- For general treatment, we recommend the use of Medisept Piercing Gel 2-3 times a day until the end of healing.
- It is forbidden to treat the healing area with any alcoholic substance.
- The microdermal should be protected from external physical impacts (e.g. sudden jerking, bumping and pay special attention when dressing and towel drying).
- Avoid saunas, baths, swimming pools and tanning salons for 2 weeks.
- Showering is recommended during full recovery, do not soak!
- Treat the piercing with a chamomile tea compress for 10-15 minutes a day, which will prevent the surrounding skin surface from swelling.
- Microdermal piercing is the only one for which we do not recommend the use of cream. The skin around the piercing may swell slightly in the first few days and the cream applied around may get under the head of the piercing, thus after the swelling has receded, it can protrude more than desired from the skin.
- If you pull on or get stuck on the already healed piercing, it will ignite, but you just need to start the treatment described above again.
- Until the healing is complete, do not remove the head of the jewelry, so you will have to wait to replace the jewelry!
- The microdermal is the only piercing that we cannot guarantee to stay in because its healing depends virtually on the skin and after-treatment.
- In case the piercing gets infected you can use Gentamicin – Wagner 1 mg/g cream, available in pharmacies.
- If you have a problem, contact your piercer and not your friends unless they are professionals.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.