In general, the treatment of piercings are the same, and the healing time is 2-6 weeks. When healing a lot depends on your recovery, how you treat, take care of it, and follow the advice you received from the piercer after preparation. The skin regenerates very quickly, but the body has to get used to the new foreign object. Redness and mild pain may occur during piercing insertion, but this is natural.
In general, we will discuss the treatment and give a few advices, but in each case we give detailed information when your microdermalod is done.
Treatment tips / Healing times:
- Lobe, Nose, Lips, Tongue, Eyebrows, Nipple, Surface, Smiley, Bridge: 2-3 weeks
- Navel, Cheek, Microdermal: 4 weeks
- All piercings in the ear cartilage: 4-9 weeks
- For general treatment, we recommend the use of Medisept Piercing gel 2-3 times a day until the end of healing.
- Medisept Gel: Earlobe, Nosetril, Eyebrows, Bridge, Navel, Microdermal, Surface, 2-3x daily
- What should be treated from the outside: Monroe, Lip, Cheek, Medusa, you can use saline or Octenisept around it. 2-3x a day
- In more problematic healing areas (ear cartilage) Octenisept spray or – if it ignites badly – then hydrogen peroxide or 70% alcohol available in pharmacies, 2-3x a day
- Piercings in the mouth: mouthwash after every meal and smoking (which you should try to avoid). First of all, Phlogosol should be used 3 times a day or Corsodyl twice a day, available in pharmacies and drugstores. Saline or sterimar spray can also be used for external cleaning (cannot be used internally.)
- Sterimar nasal spray or non-iodinated sea salt (as an aqueous solution) can also be used for cleansing.
- Fresh piercings should be protected from external physical impacts (e.g. sudden jerking or bumping). Do not get primer or powder in the opening!
- When taking a shower, make sure that the piercing is not exposed to water or soaking, and that shower gel and soap do not get in the opening!
- Do not go in a swimming pool, tanning salon or sauna with a fresh piercing.
- Do not rotate or move the piercing during healing, if you have to touch it you can only do it with clean hands because you will cause inflammation for yourself.
- Do not apply body lotion, cream or other cosmetics to the wound.
- For navel piercings, avoid intense exercise on the abdominal muscles during healing.
- Until the healing is complete, do not remove the jewelry so you will have to wait until the end of healing time to replace the jewelry!
- If you have a problem, contact your piercer and not your friends unless they are professionals.
Please always follow what the piercer said.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.